The clocks are ticking! With the summer solstice having recently passed, there are approximately two months left before school starts back up. What should you do until it’s time to once more board the Hogwarts Express for another year of magical education? Have the time of your life, of course! Here are the Quibbler’s top five ideas for having a blast this summer.
- Spend time with your friends and family. There’s nothing quite like good company. The people you spend your time doing an activity with often matter more than the activity itself. Whether it be your mom or dad, your sibling, your cat, your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate, your best friend, or even someone you just met on the streets of Diagon Alley, it’s important to make sure you stay connected to the people you love. If that means baking cookies together, great! Remember to share some with us Quibbler writers. If it means opening sketchy interdimensional portals together, good for you! Do what makes you happy.
- Start a band. You don’t even need to be musically inclined for this one! Grab some friends and channel your inner banshee. It’s possible that you’ll be yelled at by angry neighbors. If that turns out to be the case, invite them to join you! Chances are, they’ll be glad to have an opportunity to put their yelling to good use. You might not sound as great as the Weird Sisters, but hey, that never stopped anyone!
- Sit at home. If you’re a laid-back witch or wizard with a more low-key sense of fun, there’s nothing wrong with staying home for some rest and relaxation. In fact, there’s lots of exciting things you can do around the house, too! You could make a game out of de-gnoming your garden, bake cookies (again, share with us!), or play with a pet, among many other things. If none of those sound like your cup of tea, you could try curling up on the floor with a blanket and a copy of the Quibbler and just laying there. It’s very peaceful! Just make sure no one steps on you.
- Sneak around the Black Lake to feed the giant squid. While you’re not technically supposed to be on Hogwarts grounds over the summer, I’m sure the authorities wouldn’t mind if you made sure that one of Hogwarts’ favorite local creatures was fed and happy. As long as you keep all your appendages intact, they might not even notice! While we have done extensive research to figure out the squid’s favorite snack, the only thing we have to show for it is inconclusive data. If you happen to discover anything that could help us in our quest for knowledge, dear reader, please let us know. We have also tried numerous times to ask what the squid prefers to be called, to no avail. Any information you find in that field would also be greatly appreciated.
- Start a conspiracy board to unlock the truth. Secrets are always lurking just beneath the surface. Finding them before anyone else does entitles you to being the source of the best gossip. Conspiracy boards are always helpful in these sorts of endeavors. There are at least three that I’ve seen throughout the Quibbler headquarters, but who knows? There could be tens, hundreds, even thousands more! To get started, look for things that are out of the ordinary. Sometimes the best conspiracies come from places that don’t even look like they would contain mysteries. For example, did you notice that every single suggestion on this list starts with the letter ‘S’? What could it mean?!!
So there you have it, dear readers: our top five ideas for things to do this summer! Stay cool, stay awesome, and stay safe, but most importantly, stay away from any menacing-looking Aurors who want to get in the way of your harmless shenanigans.